Are You Looking to Change Your Program?

Students wearing masks on campus

Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be:

  • enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) and
  • actively studying while you’re in Canada

You need to contact IRCC if you:

  • are a post-secondary student changing schools
  • have a co-op work permit and you’ve changed post-secondary schools to another co-op program or
  • need to change conditions on your study permit


Disclaimer: The information from the newsletter is directly derived from IRCC. The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.