Depending on where you live, you may be able to get your study permit faster through the Student Direct Stream (SDS)! The processing time is normally within 20 calendar days.
To be eligible for faster processing through the Student Direct Stream (SDS), you must:
- Be a legal resident living in 1 of the following countries:
- the Philippines
- Have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
- Live outside of Canada when you apply
- Have proof you have paid your tuition for your first year of study
- Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
- For students intending to study in Quebec: Have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
- Get a medical exam before you apply (if you need one)
- Get a police certificate before you apply (if you need one)
- Have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
- Have a language test result that shows either:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening), or a test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
Disclaimer: The information from the newsletter is directly derived from IRCC. The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.