Coming to Canada for a holiday, to visit friends, or for short-term activities will require the appropriate visa, or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
You can apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada if you meet all the conditions below:
- you’re already in Canada
- you hold a valid study or work permit
- you want to leave and return to Canada in the near future
- your existing visitor visa is expired or was valid for only one entry
- have a valid travel document
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- convince an immigration officer that you have ties that will take you back to your home country
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay
- The amount of money you will need depends on the duration of your stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada. For visa application services, please contact us or book an appointment.
Disclaimer: The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.