Canada Welcomes 5500 Caregivers Each Year through the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilot Program


The new Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots only provide work permits to caregivers who have a job offer in Canada and who meet the following criteria:

  • Language tests results showing a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 in English or French;
  • One year of Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent; and
  • Admissible to Canada.

Caregivers already working in Canada on a work permit who meet these criteria can also apply for permanent residence through the new pilots.

IRCC said the new pilots have a 12-month processing standard for work permit applications and a six-month processing standard for applications for permanent residence from those who meet the work experience requirement.

Directly retrieved from: