Situation in Iran: Temporary immigration, passport and citizenship measures


Due to the ongoing situation in Iran, we’ve introduced special measures to support Iranian temporary residents in Canada as well as Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Iran.

Iranian temporary residents in Canada
You can apply to extend your stay in Canada for free by applying to

  • extend your current temporary status
  • change your temporary resident status
    For example, from a visitor to a worker.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Iran
You can apply for the following documents for free:

  • limited validity Canadian passport
  • Canadian citizenship certificate
  • permanent resident travel document


Disclaimer: The information from the newsletter is directly derived from IRCC. The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.