Want to work in Canada after graduation?


You may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you graduated from a designated learning institution (DLI) and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work.

How long your PGWP is valid for depends on the length of your study program.
If your program was less than 8 months
→You aren’t eligible for a PGWP.

If your program was at least 8 months, but less than 2 years
→IRCC may issue you a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.

For example, if you completed a 9-month program, IRCC may give you a work permit for up to 9 months.

If your program was 2 years or more
→IRCC may issue you a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.




Want to apply for a PGWP? Contact us today for more information!

Disclaimer: The information from the newsletter is directly derived from IRCC. The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.