Interested to have your parents stay a while longer?


Family sponsorship 2024 has not been announced yet, but if your family members currently in Canada wish to stay for a while longer, you may consider applying for a visitor record.

A visitor record is for people who want to do either of the following:

It doesn’t matter if you entered Canada using a visitor visa, electronic travel authorization (eTA) or another document. You need a visitor record if you want to extend your stay in Canada.

**Important: Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months from the time they enter Canada, so make sure you apply before this date!


Need help with your PR application or have any questions about Canadian immigration? Contact us today for expert assistance.

Disclaimer: The information from the newsletter is directly derived from IRCC. The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.